How many times have you thought one or all of the following:
- It’s time to leave this job
- I really want to start my own business
- I’ve got so many ideas – one of them must be worth following through on
- My life needs a reboot
Never? Lucky you!
I know there are plenty of people out there who are having these thoughts on a regular basis. The only problem is it’s a lot of thinking but very little, if any, action. Why?
- What if my family and friends laugh at me or tell me I can’t do it?
- What if no one believes I am capable?
- What if I don’t have the skills and knowledge to do something on my own?
- What if I fail?
Yes, the negative ‘what if’ dream stealer steps in and shines it’s red beam into every nook & cranny of your hopes, your desires and tells you that ‘you are nothing special’.
But wait, what if the positive ‘what if’ were allowed in instead? What if you opened your mind up enough to see the other side of the coin?
- What if I tell my family & friends and just one of them thinks it is a great brave move and is willing to encourage me?
- What if I meet a group of people who also wants to do something new in their life and we decide to support each other?
- What if I develop additional skills and knowledge that help me to bring my dreams to life?
- What if I succeed?
A very different set of questions that provide far more supportive answers!
If you’re going to do the ‘what if’ do it thoroughly. See the negatives and the positives and then ask yourself… ‘What’s the worst that could happen?’ It’s not usually half as bad as you imagine and once you know it & can accept it, you are free to get on and take action… one step (or leap!) at a time.
“The potential of the average person is like a huge ocean unsailed, a new continent unexplored, a world of possibilities waiting to be released and channelled toward some great good.” Brian Tracy
What if all your dreams came true?