We all have the same amount of minutes every day… 1440 to be exact! What we don’t make good use of today cannot be carried forward to another day… we lose that time forever.
Everyday, someone builds something to make life easier, discovers life-changing medicines, helps a fellow human being through a time of difficulty whilst someone else watches hours of mindless TV…
What about you? What are you doing to maximise the return on your 1440?
It is so easy to get caught up in the day to day routine and put all the things that you’d ‘love to do’ on the back burner. It’s also easy to know you could be taking giant steps in your life be it in your career, business or home life but instead procrastinate because there is ‘always tomorrow’.
In reality, the only time you have is now, this minute, this moment. And it is time to get into the driver’s seat of your life and press forward, acknowledging that every minute of every day counts.
Using your time wisely is your responsibility. There is nothing to be gained from blaming work, friends and family. You shape your day and you get to choose whether you want to live it passionately…
Top Tips To Maximise Your 1440
- Time management doesn’t exist! It is up to you to utilise your 1440, deciding where you spend it and on what.
- Remember Pareto Principle, 80/20 rule? For example, 80% of your business comes from 20% of your clients… make your time count!
- When you are wowed by what someone else does in a day remember… you could do it too!
- Prioritise your important goal-driven tasks over your urgent quick fix tasks. The goal driven ones will reap the rewards. See the Eisenhower’s Framework
- When your 1440 today is up, that’s it… you can’t claim them back so make them work for you on arrival
Don’t be afraid to say no when it makes sense to. People may be disappointed but you know the value of your time and where it is best spent…